Swoboda wyborufinansowanie w pełni online Decyzja nawet w 15 minut
Product not available in this number of pieces
Dragonfly chair was created so you could sit at your desk the same way as you sat on the floor through all your childhood.
It is well known that prolonged sitting, standing or even lying down is not healthy. Life is creation intermingled with rest; it goes on in balance. Unfortunately, sitting passively on a traditional chair with a back makes our muscles lazy, so the spine loses its support and begins to twist, the internal organs become anaemic and the pelvic muscles become contracted. Therefore, the solution must be sought in active sitting in a variety of relaxed and stretching positions, as primitive humans sat on the ground and we as children sat on the floor.
In order to maintain full mobility of our body, it is necessary to assume various positions so that the joints have the possibility to move in every direction. According to the principle what is not used, begins to disappear - if we do not use the full range of motion of individual joints then at some point, we limit their mobility.
Sitting on the floor, children twist in all sorts of ways so that the joints of the knees, feet and hips have a full range of movement and the body maintains its flexibility. The lack of support helps to strengthen the muscles that hold up the spine. Stiffness and limitations only appear when we remain in one position all day. So, the message from school "don't wriggle, sit up straight" needs to be quickly erased from your memory and you should start wriggling as much as possible at will, the more the better. The author of the book "Sentenced to a desk" even indicates that the seat should be hard and not very comfortable, so that it encourages frequent change of position. In addition, sitting in low positions is the best of all possible ways of sitting, because as many as two pillars provide support: the hips and the torso, and not just the back of the thighs as in a traditional chair.
It is interesting to note that, as parents, we take great care of the hip joints of our babies by keeping them used most of the time, by for example, "wide diapering" or carrying them on the hip with their legs positioned wide apart. And when the child is older, we suddenly forget about this and put them in a traditional chair, where opening the hips becomes very difficult. It seems that if we had stayed on this floor as children, there would have been fewer problems with the spine and hip and knee joints when we were older.
Dragonfly orthopedic chair - classic version, is characterized by the upper seat mounted with a profile, pin and securing knobs. Remember that you can install the upper seat in two positions (as described in the instructions for use). The "crosswise" seating position of the seat may be appreciated by people who like to spend their time sitting "Japanese style".
Both seats (upper and lower) are adjustable. In the Classic version, in which the upper seat is mounted on the profile, you need to get off the chair to raise or lower the upper seat. The lower seat can be adjusted with a handle without leaving the chair.
The ideal solution would be to maintain a desired and flexible body posture from an early age, which is why our chair is also recommended for children who have mastered the ability of sitting without a backrest attached to a swivel chair. The transition from a normal chair to the Dragonfly chair can take a while for adults to accustom to, as the body loses its flexibility and strength as a result of prolonged time spent utilizing a traditional chair. We are, however, of the opinion that the results are worth it, as frequent repositioning and active sitting in "low" positions can help maintain a healthy spine.
* Individuals with dysfunction/injury of the spine or lower body (pelvis, hips, lower limbs) should make sure that they can sit in the so-called "low" positions (consultation with a physiotherapist/ orthopedist is recommended).
Dragonfly orthopedic chair is manufactured in Poland by our company in cooperation with local companies and craftsmen. Solid performance guarantees use for many years.
Cleaning the upholstery
Most dirt remains on the surface in the form of droplets, which can be easily cleaned by shaking off with a cloth dampened with water or, for heavier dirt, using non-invasive water-based cleaners. When using cleaning products, apply a cloth dampened with them to the stained area, wait 2-3 minutes, then rub gently in circular motions until the stain disappears. Then leave the stain to dry on its own. Do not use a hair dryer to accelerate the drying process. When the wet spot has dried, use a soft brush to gently lift the hair on the fabric. The fabric has no harmful chemicals, and is safe for our health and the surrounding environment.
2. A strong base for the seats is provided by 18 mm thick wooden plywood. Cutting plywood using CNC technology guarantees a perfect, repeatable shape.
3. The fixture for the smaller seat is made of laser-cut INOX stainless steel, milled on the sides and secured with plastic caps so that all edges are safe for use. INOX stainless steel, as the name says, does not rust, looks aesthetically pleasing and is recyclable, making it environmentally friendly.
4. Polyurethane foam (5 cm thick and of an appropriate hardness) for seats is obtained from recycled materials (finely ground fragments of classic foam as a residue from furniture production), which makes it environmentally friendly. It is characterised by lower stiffness loss during use compared to other foams; no heavy metal compounds in the production process and air permeability thanks to the open cells of the foam.
5. The base of the chair is a strong aluminium die-cast base.
6. Soft tyre castors for hard surfaces.
WARRANTY - 2 years
Listen to your body and it will tell you what's best for it.