DragonflyChair Classic with black base - choose the colour, which suits best to your your office space
Here we present the option of Dragonfly chair with a black base separately, so that when choosing the color of the upholstery and size, you can see how the chair looks in the end.
DragonflyChair Classic gives you the ability to sit at your desk in countless stretching positions, just like on the floor. Movement is what the body likes the most, so do not limit it with a backrest or armrests. Use the strength of your muscles, as you know - what is not used simply disappears.
Classic version is characterized with an upper seat mounted with a profile, spindle and securing screws. Remember that you can install the upper seat in two positions (as described in the instructions for use). The "crosswise" position of the upper seat may be appreciated by people who like to sit "in Japanese" very much.
Both seats (upper and lower) are adjustable. In the Classic version, in which the upper seat is mounted on the profile, you need to get off the chair to raise or lower the upper seat. The lower seat can be adjusted with a handle without leaving the chair.
Picture below present the possible ways of seating.
Who can take advantage of the Dragonfly chair?
The ideal solution would be to maintain a desired and flexible body posture from an early age, which is why our chair is also recommended for children who have mastered the ability of sitting without a backrest attached to a swivel chair. The transition from a normal chair to the Dragonfly chair can take a while for adults to accustom to, as the body loses its flexibility and strength as a result of prolonged time spent utilizing a traditional chair. We are, however, of the opinion that the results are worth it, as frequent repositioning and active sitting in "low" positions can help maintain a healthy spine.
* Individuals with dysfunction/injury of the spine or lower body (pelvis, hips, lower limbs) should make sure that they can sit in the so-called "low" positions (consultation with a physiotherapist/ orthopedist is recommended).
Design of the Dragonfly chair
Dragonfly orthopedic chair is manufactured in Poland by our company in cooperation with local companies and craftsmen. Solid performance guarantees use for many years.
1. The seats are upholstered with Barbaa fabric (flock type) from the Israel company FlockTex Industries Ltd. This fabric is characterised by its high fleshing, lightly mossy and very pleasant to touch fur-like structure. It is extremely dirt-resistant and a simple wipe with a damp cloth (preferably a wet baby wipe) will make it clean again. The fabric is extremely resistant to abrasion, sweat and light, and no harmful PFAS compounds are used in its production. This combination provides a safe surface suitable for the current stringent hygiene requirements.
- fabric composition: 54% Acrylic, 25% Poliamide, 14% Poliester, 7% Cotton
- basis weight: 660g/mb
- abrasion resistance > 100 000 Martindale cycles
- the fabric is flame retardant and Oeko-Tex® certified
- Class 1 Oeko-Tex® product: "Products for babies and young children”
- Class 4 Oeko-Tex® product: "Products for home textiles"
Cleaning the upholstery
Most dirt remains on the surface in the form of droplets, which can be easily cleaned by shaking off with a cloth dampened with water or, for heavier dirt, using non-invasive water-based cleaners. When using cleaning products, apply a cloth dampened with them to the stained area, wait 2-3 minutes, then rub gently in circular motions until the stain disappears. Then leave the stain to dry on its own. Do not use a hair dryer to accelerate the drying process. When the wet spot has dried, use a soft brush to gently lift the hair on the fabric. The fabric has no harmful chemicals, and is safe for our health and the surrounding environment.
2. A strong base for the seats is provided by 18 mm thick wooden plywood. Cutting plywood using CNC technology guarantees a perfect, repeatable shape.
3. The fixture for the smaller seat is made of laser-cut INOX stainless steel, milled on the sides and secured with plastic caps so that all edges are safe for use. INOX stainless steel, as the name says, does not rust, looks aesthetically pleasing and is recyclable, making it environmentally friendly.
4. Polyurethane foam (5 cm thick and of an appropriate hardness) for seats is obtained from recycled materials (finely ground fragments of classic foam as a residue from furniture production), which makes it environmentally friendly. It is characterised by lower stiffness loss during use compared to other foams; no heavy metal compounds in the production process and air permeability thanks to the open cells of the foam.
5. The base of the chair is a strong aluminium die-cast base and soft tyre castors for hard surfaces.
- The height of the larger seat is regulated by a gas spring (height adjustment range from the floor to the top: 35-41 cm)
- The height of the smaller seat is manually adjustable (height adjustment range measured from the larger seat: 6-16.5 cm)
- Weight: ~ 13.5 kg
- The maximum load-bearing capacity: 105 kg
WARRANTY - 2 years.
Listen to your body, it will tell you what is best for it.